Trust us, Greek Salad is a breeze to make & when it's coated with a unique, delicious Greek salad dressing at Kosher Mezze Restaurant (the best restaurant in Queens, NY), it's wonderful to taste. Greek Salad is a wholesome vegetable-packed appetizer sprinkled with a perfect red wine vinegar dressing.
Each serving includes tomatoes, creamy feta cheese, bell peppers, kalamata olives, cucumbers & red onion. The fun part is it just requires some simple chopping & quick mixing a voila & your tasty side dish is ready!
THE ULTIMATE STARTER The best way to begin a feast is with a refreshing Kosher Mezze's Greek salad. The balance of crisp lettuce & cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, briny olives, tangy pickled onions & creamy feta cheese makes each bite of this extremely satisfying. A traditional Kosher Mezze's red wine vinegar dressing is conceived to complement the vigorous flavors of the Greek Salad.
A bright & tangy combination of ingredients mixed with extra-virgin olive oil adds richness to each bite. It only takes a few minutes to chop & whisk, literally cutting down on preparation time. This colorful Salad makes eating healthy exciting!
This Salad is super simple with no shortage of flavor, but it begins & ends with the quality of ingredients used.
Here's what you are likely to find in it:
- TOMATOES - We always prefer the perfectly ripe tomatoes (somewhat firm but yielding slightly to the touch; glossy skin; fragrant ones).
- CUCUMBERS - Firm, smooth-skinned cucumbers are the best. We at Kosher Mezze Restaurants prefer English cucumbers, which are seedless & tend to be sweeter in taste.
- RED ONIONS - Firm & smooth-looking onions are used.
- KALAMATA OLIVES - Everyone loves Greek kalamata olives (or black olives) in this salad; they add a great briny, salty flavor that compliments the beautiful veggies so well.
- GREEN BELL PEPPERS - We pick firm & smooth-looking green bell pepper. Colored bell peppers are not utilized in a traditional Greek salad.
- DRIED OREGANO & KOSHER SALT - Fresh Greek oregano is best, but if it's not available, quality dried oregano will work really well.
- EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL - For authentic & best-tasting Greek salad, We like to use this Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil. It's an exquisite cold extracted & unfiltered oil with a perfectly balanced complexity— rich green, fruity & pungent with a peppery finish.
- RED WINE VINEGAR - Red Wine Vinegar is perfect for this dish, but we, at our customers' request, use another citrus option like fresh lemon juice or white wine vinegar.
- CREAMY FETA CHEESE - Made from sheep's milk & served in large chunks or blocks, crowning the salad (not crumbled).
- NO LETTUCE - or any leafy greens.
- NO ADDITIONAL FILTERS
OUR GREEK SALAD DRESSING
Chefs at Kosher Mezze toss the veggies, olives & feta cheese in an easy homemade Greek salad dressing. With just 5 ingredients + salt & pepper, it's super simple to whisk together & it gives this easy Greek salad recipe a bright, zingy flavor. It's a simple mix of olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic & dried oregano.
We also like to spatter our Greek Salad with generous pinches of black pepper & oregano for a fresh, peppery garnish.
SERVE IT WITH
This vibrant Salad full of color & flavor can easily work as a side dish to compliment just any dish mentioned below. Here are some ideas:
- CHICKEN: Chicken Souvlaki, Chicken Gyros or Grilled Harissa Chicken are the best options.
- LAMB: Greek burgers; or Lamb Chops.
- FISH: Baked Cod, Lemon garlic Salmon, Grouper or Salmon Burgers.
VEGETARIAN ENTREES: Greek Green Beans, Spanakopita, Mediterranean Three Bean Soup.